Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Phoenix is Born

When I was a little girl, I loved all things mythological... unicorns, dragons, mermaids...I couldn't get enough of the stuff. I believed that I was stronger than I realized. I believed that I had incredible power to do good with my life. I believed that nothing could hurt me.  But somewhere along the way each of those beliefs were crushed. Things started to hurt me, and I let that affect me more than I should have. Fast forward twenty years and I came to a point in my life where I felt burnt, destroyed, like a pile of useless dust. Through the love and grace of God I found out that I was like the mythical creatures I'd always dreamed of. I was stronger than I realized and I did have an incredible power to do good with my life. I was a Phoenix, reborn of the ashes of my pain into something more than I was before. Yes I did still feel pain, but I knew that it wouldn't destroy me. I could rise above it. I started this blog because I felt the power of sharing in reading the bogs of my sisters in Christ. These are the thoughts of a Crimson Phoenix.

1 comment: